Cake Smash photo shoots have become quite popular these days. To make first birthday memorable and fun in every sense, dressing up kids in adorable cake smash outfits for girls and boys along with unique cake smash photo shoot props are imperative. It is a special photography session which involves clicking the baby when he is busy indulging in the cake. Each cake smash photo shoot is unique and special in its own way as it depends upon the actions and reactions of the toddlers. Just go with how it is going…. If the toddler is enjoying himself, great snaps are guaranteed!!!
Helpful Cake Smash Photography Tips to Follow
If you are also interested in birthday cake smash photo shoot for your baby then we have come up with everything you need, all the planning you need to do, in order to click adorable pictures. From 1st birthday outfit ideas to setting up the location and selecting the props, this post includes cake smash photography tips that promise breathtaking pictures.
Start with Location of Photo Shoot
- Cake smash photos for boys and girls can be clicked inside a studio or any other outdoor location like a park or balcony or poolside.
- Arranging for the shoot on the ground always helps as it is easier to clean and gives you more room to experiment with different angles to click perfect pictures.
- Make sure there is enough natural light if it is an outdoor shoot.
Cake Smash Outfit
- 1st birthday cake smash outfit for boys and girls has to be very special.
- It is important to discuss the idea of the look you desire for your toddler with the photographer so that nothing goes wrong.
- If you are planning to keep it simple like a diaper, don’t miss on a cute diaper cover for a unique look.
- If there is a theme on which you have decided, outfit should be in accordance with it.
- Make sure that the outfit that you are picking matches perfectly with the backdrop, cake, props etc. you are planning to have.
Setup and Backdrop
Background must coordinate with props, outfit and cake making it a perfect theme.
Use of seamless paper is the best choice to have a lovely backdrop as it is very easy to clean. You can find it in different colors.
You can even select vinyl as it is equally comfortable to clean.
Adding up frills, balloons and various other decorations can lift up the mood of your backdrop.
Include the cake smash props you have planned to use.
Cake for Smashing
- Order a separate small cake for the photo shoot, this will be other than the main birthday cake.
- You can even go with cupcakes over regular birthday cakes.
- Select from white or yellow frosting cake. Avoid dark colors.
- Don’t miss on the big “1” candle to place on the cake.
Keep the Cleanup Ready
Once cake smashing is done, you will need to take your baby directly for a bath.
Keep the towel handy.
Make sure the place where you will give him a bath is also ready.